If you have been following my blog, you’ll know how much I loved The Force Awakens. I mean I was at the Disney Store first thing Monday morning, to purchase my copy on Blu-Ray. I’ve already watched it since purchasing it, and there’s so many great moments in the film that makes me smile. Whether it’s a humourous moment, or an emotiona; moment, or a moment paying homeage to previous films, or just an epic action sequence. I thought I’d pick 5 of my favourite and see if you agree with me…
5. When Han Solo and Finn come across Phsama, there are two great moments in this one scene. Firstly, when Finn asks if Phsama knows his name, “FN – 1287” and Finn replies, “Not Anymore. The name’s Finn. And I’m in charge. I’m in charge now, Phasma! I’m in charge!” I was in stitches lol and then when Finn asks Han “What should we do with her?” then Han Solo replies “Is there a garbage chute… or trash compactor?” so funny! Paying homeage to Episode 4 as well.
4. Staying with Finn and Han Solo, when they’re looking for Rey, and Han Solo moves his head in an up-ward nod, signalling to Finn to turn around. Finn’s reaction is brilliantly played by John Boyega: “What is this?” as he copie’s Han Solo’s head movements – I laugh so hard!
3. When Rey proves to the audience how much of a good pilot she actually is. Flying the Millennium Falcon while being chased by the First Order, Rey uses the abandoned ships from the previous Star Wars films, to her advantage and to lose the First Order. While Finn is shooting at them of course! Amazing graphics, fantastic scene, again paying homage to the Saga itself.
2. The villain in The Force Awakens really impressed me. And although a lot of people felt he should have kept his mask on, I felt taking his mask off showed us he is still human. The epic lightsaber battle between Kylo Ren, Rey and Finn was a joy to watch. I can’t wait for them to battle again, especially now we know Rey could be trained by the legend himself, Skywalker.
1. Finally, any moment that involved Finn and Poe together! BRO-MANCE! From Finn saving Poe, to Poe and Finn re-uniting, they showed the potential of a brand new duo. I can’t wait to see what happens with their relationship in episode 8.
So there you have it, my top 5 moments from The Force Awakens. Were the same as yours? Let me know if they’re different. And if you like what you’re reading, please subscribe, and then you won’t miss a new post!
“Do I talk first or you talk first? I talk first?” – Poe Dameron (I love this scene too btw)