IMDB is one of my fav apps to use, probably because I’m on it EVERY DAY! Any actor, film or TV show that is mentioned throughout my day, I search it. I love reading facts about movies and TV. My sister is bad for it too, and I’ve gotten my in-laws into it as well.
SO, using IMDB as my little helper, here is my first FUN FACTS Star Wars post, and it’s on episode 1. Despite it not being one of my favourite episodes, there are LOADS of interesting facts about the making of The Phantom Menace. Plus, it’s probably just me, but I always feel a little bit smarter knowing interesting facts about a certain subject, like film. Hopefully you’ll learn something new, and have a fun fact to tell someone today after reading, so here we go…
- The first week of the first trailer’s release, many cinemas reported up to 75% of their audiences paying full price for a movie, then walking out after they watched the Star Wars: Episode I trailer.
- Did you ever notice the difference in Natalie Portman’s voice between her two characters? Well you have not gone crazy. Her voice was digitally enhanced to distinguish the two characters. (Which for me made her characters even more complicated because I thought it was the same person?!)
- Benecio Del Toro was originally cast to play Darth Maul, but left the film when George Lucas cut most of his lines. (In total, Darth Maul has 2 lines!) So even Benecio wasn’t happy the main villain not having as big a part as we were lead to believe!
- The word lightsaber is never used in the film. When Anakin talks to Qui-Gon Jinn, he calls it a “laser sword”.
- After the end credits finish, the breathing of Darth Vador can be heard!
Only 5, because a lot of the facts were “technical” or not that interesting… But if you know of any other interesting facts about Episode 1 please share.
“Hard to see, the Dark side is.” – Yoda