The lovely Hannah from Courage and Kindness tagged me to do this “Tough” Disney Tag. I love tags, they are so much fun and a great post to publish when you don’t have anything else ready! You can read Hannah’s answers here. And to the creator of this tag, the lovely Mandy over at Mandy Jean World, thank you, I’m ready to answer your questions…
1. Who is your all-time favourite Disney animator, and why?
Andreas Deja. Ever since DVDs have been available, I have watched every “making of” on my Disney DVDs, and I was finally able to put a face to the creation of some of Disney’s most iconic characters. Andreas Deja is the lead animator of both Gaston and Scar, who are FAB villains. But apart from his talent, he is a massive Disney fan, and his passion for Disney comes across in his interviews. He studies the old, and respects greatly what and who came before him, and now he, is teaching the future animators.
2. What Disney era is your all-time favourite, and why? (i.e Golden Age, Renaissance etc.)
It has to be the Renaissance Era. I grew up with that era, and I truly love every Disney film that was released during that time. They are my childhood, and the reason I am so passionate about the brand and the movies.
3. If Walt Disney were alive and you were allowed to ask him ONE question, but ONE question only, what would you ask him?
What do you think of Bob Iger? lol
4. Who is your all-time favourite Disney director, and why?
It has to be the dynamic duo that is Ron Clements and John Musker. They first came together for Basil The Great Mouse Detective, one of Disney’s most underrated films. But it was The Little Mermaid that was the start of their successful career. They flew us on a magic carpet to Agrabah; gave us the “Gospel Truth” about Hercules; sailed us across planets to find buried treasure; visited New Orleans to kiss a frog; and most recently, sent us on an adventure with a demigod to basically “save our planet”. They are what’s brilliant and magical about Disney.
5. What is your all-time favourite Disney song, and why?
I have so many Disney songs that I like to sing to, and know all the words to, but the one that gets me up off my seat is “Why should I worry?” from Oliver and Company. I love that song, and its BILLY JOEL! It’s such a cool scene as well.
6. If you were forced to erase ONE Disney movie from history, which would you pick, and why?
EASY: The Wild. It was a clear rip-off of Madagascar, and was a prime example of Disney’s struggle with the competition at the time. I refuse to buy it, I think it’s that bad.
7. Which Disney Park from around the world is your all-time favourite, and what makes it stand out from the others to you?
I have not had the opportunity to visit any of the parks, other than Disneyland Paris. But I don’t see how Walt Disney World can be beaten. Knowing one day, when I get there, I could easily spend three weeks and probably still not see everything there is there. It doesn’t have the sentiment that Disneyland California does, with that being the first, and only park created and seen by Walt Disney himself. However WDW has got EVERYTHING!
8. You have only 30 mins to spend in Disneyland before you’re magically whisked back home by a portal. What do you do with that time?
Go and visit Mickey Mouse!
9. You get to choose ONE Disney heroine to join the official line of Disney Princesses, Who do you choose and why?
There’s actually three I would have become official Disney Princesses, but the one I feel deserves it the most, is Princess Eilonwy. She is actually a princess in The Black Cauldron, and she has a big part in the outcome of the story. If it wasn’t for her, Taran would still be in that dungeon!
10. Speaking of Disney Princesses… One will need to be demoted from the franchise to replace with the new heroine. Which existing princess would you remove from the franchise, and why?
Again, easy decision for me, has to be Mulan. She isn’t even a real Princess! She is a soldier. A warrior. There is no royal family of China. And to be honest, I think the title “Princess” be-littles the importance of what she actually did for her country.
11. What is your all-time favourite under-rated Disney movie, and why?
Oliver & Company. Apart from it being a spin-off version of “Oliver Twist”, I love the lead characters being animals. I LOVE the music! And it’s set in NEW YORK, one of my favourite cities. IT’s got sing-a-long songs, loveable characters, great cast, horrible villain, and an amazing setting – what’s not to like?!
12. Which Disney villain do you feel is the most misunderstood and why?
I would say Mad Madame Mim. She is so funny, but she isn’t really evil. She is lonely, and old, and all she wants to do is prove she is more powerful than Merlin. But she is crazy, so by claiming insanity, she is definitely misunderstood!
13. You can only choose ONE Disney animal to be your pet. Who do you choose, and why?
Rajah. It would be so cool to have a pet Tiger that would let me cuddle him, without trying to eat me. Plus, no one would dare touch me!
14. Who is the ONE Disney character you can relate to most, and why?
I think Merida, because her relationship with her mum is so similar to mine when I was a teenager. Not in the sense that m mum wanted me to act like a princess and marry into a clan. But I felt she didn’t listen to me, and I always thought I knew what I wanted. As a bonus, we are both Scottish.
15. Finally, the toughest question of all… What is your favourite Disney movie of all time, and why?
Not tough at all – Beauty and the Beast! It means the most to me, I know it word for word, and I love all the songs.
Thank you for staying to the end to read all of my answers – this was a tough tag to do, and I have loved doing it! Can’t wait for the nest one! Anyway so I tag the following peeps to give it a go: